Before you submit your application, we would like to provide you with some additional information.
Very Important Notes
* If you have submitted a Head Start/Early Head Start application in previous years or have had another child enrolled, you will not be able to submit a new application online, please contact the local Head Start/Early Head Start center for assistance. (You will pick up at step 3 of the application process.)
* If there are any changes to your address, telephone number, or email address, please contact the local Head Start/Early Head Start center to which you applied immediately.
* Completed applications are valid for one (1) program term. If a family wishes to apply for a new program term, family information must be updated and new proof of income must be submitted.
* If your child is accepted, parent orientation and additional documentation will be required prior to enrollment. You will receive notification of specific information via email and text.
Application Process - What to expect
1. Submit an application.
- All applications are completed online. If you are unable to access a computer or you prefer additional assistance with this first step, please contact the local Head Start/Early Head Start center.
2. After you have submitted your application online, contact the local Head Start/Early Head Start center to schedule an application interview appointment.
- Items needed for your interview include the following:
- Family Income (Examples – 1040 tax form, W2, TANF, SSI, Child Support)*
- Proof of Age (Example – Child’s birth certificate)*
- Identification of Parent/Legal Guardian (Example – Driver’s license, State ID)*
- Proof of custody (if applicable)*
- Child’s Medicaid/Insurance Card
- Child’s Immunization Record
- Child’s most recent Physical
- Child’s most recent Dental
3. Application interview with a Family Service Advocate.
- All required documents must be provided at interview. You will be asked to reschedule if required documents are not available for review.
- An application interview must be conducted in order to complete the application.
- On average, the application interview will last between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Notification of application status will be sent via email and text.
- All children are added to the waitlist once the application is complete and verified.
- Applications are ranked on a point system which is based on an assessment of community needs.
- The order of applicants on waitlist can change daily as new applications are completed and verified.
5. Selection of children will be made in stage between the months of May – July.
- Notice of acceptance will be sent via email and text.
- Additional selections will be made throughout the program term to fill vacancies if necessary.